1. While the image of the soldier poet may seem like an unlikely mix, the devastating effects of technological warfare experienced during WWI were the impetus for WWI poetry. Describe the message you think the soldier poet was trying to convey in his poetry.
2. Explain whether you think the poetry gives a reader an accurate depiction of the true meaning and impact of war on the average soldier and his family, especially during the WW I era.
3. Describe what words or phrases the poets use to get the reader to “see” and “feel” the same experiences. Is this possible?
4. Explain whether you think artistic works such as these poems would be successful or popular today. How do you think audiences would react to poetry written by U.S. soldiers stationed in Afghanistan or Iraq?
5. Identify points in Countee Cullen’s poem Heritage or another poem of the Harlem Renaissance in which you see evidence of the notion of double-consciousness. Explain whether this notion is relevant to experiences of contemporary audiences.
6. Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who lived during the Harlem Renaissance, identify whose autograph you would most want and explain why.
7. Explain the appeal of Harlem’s nightlife to whites, especially during Prohibition. Discuss whether you consider the cross-over appeal of Hip-Hop culture a similar cultural phenomenon today.
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.