Art and Music and have been historically, stylistically and culturally connected for centuries. In this essay you will examine a piece of music in conjunction with a piece of art from the same period as we review the musical sounds and styles of the Medieval, Renaissance and Baroque periods. With each couple (art and music example) you will need to comment on the style and sound of the music (consider voices &/or instruments, harmony, rhythm, melody, texture) in relation to how the art compliments these elements through artistic depth, colors, balance, action, emotion. How do the works connect with one another both aesthetically and stylistically based upon their period?
The pieces of music are: Leonin "Alleluia (CD I, #3); JosquinDesprez: Ave Maria (CD I, #6); Monteverdi L’Orfeo — Tu se’ morta (CD I, #9); and Scarlatti Sonata in C Sharp Minor, K. 247 (CD I, #13). Look for the art on the following website by going to the Artists tab, last name alphabet letter, go to artist, then scroll down through paintings to the correct title.
The art can be found on the website www.wga.hu
*********Given the following 5 pieces of music match them to the Art examples based upon style, intensity of emotion, organizational balance, depth, connection with message or action.
1. Leonin Alleluia with Marriage of the Virgin [1304-06] (No. 11 Scenes from the Life of the Virgin #5 by Giotto di Bondone, 1267-1337, Italian, Fresco).
2. Josquin Ave Maria with Annunciation [1472-1475] (Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519; Early Renaissance Italian, see paintings to 1480).
3. Orfeo Tu se’ morta (1607) with Orpheus in the Underworld  (Brueghel, Jan the Elder, 1568-1625, Flemish, Mannerism (early Baroque), Landscapes).
4. Scarlatti & Sonata in C Sharp Minor with A Scene in the Roman Compagna  (Jan Frans van Bloeman, 1662-1749, Flemish, Rococo (late Baroque).
5. Vivaldi: Concerto for Violin and String Orchestra, ‘Spring’, Op. 8, No. 1 [CD I, #14] compared with Dance of the Villagers or Landscape with a Rainbow (which do you think works best?)  (Pieter Pauwel Rubens, 1577-1640, Flemish, Baroque).
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.