(1) Describe the kinds of language acquisition processes that take place in pre-linguistic stages. Consider children’s speech perception skills and first babbled sounds in particular.
(2) Discuss the role of child-directed speech in the process of first language acquisition. Are there any implications for second language learning?
(3) Critique the use of cases of ‘wild children’ as evidence for a Critical Period Hypothesis. What are the drawbacks of using such evidence, and is it worth using it as evidence in spite of these drawbacks?
(4) Describe the ‘mapping problem’ that children face in lexical semantic development and discuss how they might solve this problem.
(5) Discuss whether bilingual children distinguish between their two languages from the very beginning of their lives.
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.