Personal Statement for Dietetic Internship program application
Write a Personal Statement to the DI program that you are thinking will be your number one choice at this time. Follow the instructions provided in lecture for writing the statement.
Include the following in your personal statement:
1.Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
2.Discuss experiences that have helped prepare you for your career.
3.What are your strengths or weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
4.What are your short-term and long-term goals?
5.Why you chose their DI program
6.Other information you consider important for the selection decision.
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Interested in medical area
- Want to learn more and in depth about keeping a healthy body status
- Healthy diet
- Family members have history of type2 diabetes and hypertension, which is a motive to become a dietitian so that I am able to take of my family in the future.
- I exercise on a weekly bases therefore I would like to learn more about hoe to keep a healthy diet for myself as well as others.
- I always wanted to work in a hospital and I think that dietitian will be a good profession as a future job.
- Discuss experiences that have helped prepare you for your career.
- Worked in Penn State Human Ingestive Behavior Lab during the summer of 2017
-Gained experience of working in a different field of nutrition other than clinical nutrition
-Obtained the skill of recording and organizing data
- Worked in Our Lady of Lourdes medical center in New Jersey. (Nutrition and Food service department)
-Gained intensive clinical nutrition experience
-Worked in the kitchen
-Distribute and assemble patient’s meal
-Shadowed the RDs while they are doing rounds
-Learned about tube feeding
-Learned nutrition assessment charting using the hospital system on the computer
- Worked in Café Laura (Penn State self-operated restaurant)
-Worked in the kitchen area and preparing food
-Worked in the frontline of the restaurant (serving, action station, cashier)
-Learned how to convert regular recipes to standard recipes in order to serve the huge amount of costumers in the restaurant
-Gained insights of how a restaurant operates which is similar to the nutrition and food service department where I worked in the medical center in NJ. It prepares for my future internship in the hospital and I will know how to work with kitchen staff on the menu and meals. (better recipes, quality food)
- Strength – I am good with communicating with others
- Quick learner
- Easily adapt to the new environment
Weakness- need to be more proactive
- Improve my clinical nutrition skill
- Short-term goal – gain as much clinical nutrition experience as possible during the weeks at clinical practice concentrated in pediatrics and adult acute care.
- Learn how to communicate with patients and their family members
- Learn how to work with other dietitians in the hospital
- Learn how to work with physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals
Long-term goal – Pass internship and be prepared for the registered dietitian examination afterwards.
- Why you chose their DI program
- It emphasizes on clinical nutrition. (30 weeks).
- Always wanted to work in a hospital
- Concentered on pediatrics which is also my interest
For questions #2and3, please see the final evolution reports on the two places I worked. Include the job summary, experience, strength, weakness etc. as much as needed for the personal statement.
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.