Private Sector Partnerships: Terrorism
Locate the proper Response Partner Guide and the Emergency Support Function Annexes from the NRF Resource Center for this Case Assignment. Also, refer to previous readings and required websites. For our focus in the Module 4 Case Assignment, examples of private sector partners of an emergency response plan for a town or city include:
- Transportation (e.g., trains, planes, ships)
- Telecommunication systems
- Utilities (e.g., water, electricity, waste disposal)
- Retail (e.g., lumber outlet, supermarket)
One of the main components of an emergency response plan is medical care. Depending on the type of terrorist response, medical facility caregivers must be ready to attend to the sick and injured. Injuries could be from shrapnel, blasts, brain trauma, contamination from a biological agent, or radiation poisoning, for example. Those injured will be civilians, children, and first responders. Medical triaging, accessing supplies, and fielding medical personnel will certainly take priority. The Incident Commander must establish a liaison with the medical gatekeeper.
Respond to the following:
Go online and search “Hospital Emergency Response Plan.” Locate a hospital’s specific plan (use your hospital/clinic if employed in one—or a comparable setting). Then write a sentence or paragraph about each of the five below:
- Disaster procedures for staff members
- Alternative clinic sites
- Toxic external atmosphere
- Bomb threats
- Emergency evacuation
References: At least two references should be included from academic sources (e.g., peer-reviewed journal articles). Required readings are included. The references should be cited within the text and also listed at the end of the assignment in the References section (preferably in APA format).
Quoted material should not exceed 10% of the total paper (since the focus of these assignments is critical thinking). Use your own words and build on the ideas of others. When material is copied verbatim from external sources, it must be enclosed in quotes.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper.
Format: APA format is recommended (but not required) for this assignment. See Syllabus page for more information on APA format.
The following items will be assessed in particular:
- Relevance – All content is connected to the question.
- Precision – Specific question is addressed. Statements, facts, and statistics are specific and accurate.
- Depth of discussion – Points that lead to deeper issues are presented and integrated.
- Breadth – Multiple perspectives and references, multiple issues/factors considered.
- Evidence – Points are well-supported with facts, statistics, and references.
- Logic – Presented discussion makes sense; conclusions are logically supported by premises, statements, or factual information.
- Clarity – Writing is concise, understandable, and contains sufficient detail or examples.
- Objectivity – Paper avoids use of first person and subjective bias.
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.