1. The Urban Crucible by Nash compares the evolution of Boston, NY, and Philadelphia. For both Ch. 6-7, read the intro sections, skip the sections on Boston and NY, read the sections on Philadelphia, and then the conclusion sections. What was Philadelphia’s reaction to the Stamp Act in Ch. 6? What other issues developed after 1765 in Philadelphia in Ch. 7?
2. Read pp. 119-125 in Tinkcom, “The Revolutionary City, 1765-1783” and briefly summarize one development in Philadelphia during this time.
3. Read pp. 125-154 in Tinkcom, “The Revolutionary City, 1765-1783” and briefly summarize one development in Philadelphia during this time.
4. Read Locke, Ch. XVIII. Of Tyranny (sections 202-209). What is tyranny? Briefly explain if and when the people have a right to oppose it. (text: http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtreat.htm)
5. Read Locke, Ch. XIX. Of the Dissolution of Government (sections 219-225). When does Locke say the people have a right to dissolve the government and start a new one?(text: http://www.constitution.org/jl/2ndtreat.htm)
6. What do you think was the purpose of the Declaration of Independence? To whom do you think it was addressed? Who does it represent and include?
7. Why is there a detailed list of “Facts” about a certain king–what purpose does this serve?
8. Is God mentioned? If so, in what ways and for what reason(s)?
9. Read Miller, “The Federal City, 1783-1800,” and briefly comment on one of the developments during this period.
10. Read Davis and Haller, The Peoples of Philadelphia, Ch. 1 and briefly comment on one thing you found interesting about it.
11. After skimming Newman, Freedom’s Prophet, Intro and Ch. 1, and briefly summarize what you think were some of the significant points about Allen’s early life and efforts
We have the capacity, through our dedicated team of writers, to complete an order similar to this. In addition, our customer support team is always on standby, which ensures we are in touch with you before, during and after the completion of the paper. Go ahead, place your order now, and experience our exquisite service.
Use the order calculator below to get an accurate quote for your order. Contact our live support team for any further inquiry. Thank you for making BrilliantTermpapers the custom essay services provider of your choice.